What kinds of health care plans are available?
An indemnity health insurance plan is a type of medical plan that reimburses the patient and/or provider as expenses are incurred.
Either a fixed amount is paid for some specific illnesses or a certain percentage of the patient’s bills are shared by the insurance provider.
Below are 5 benefits of having an indemnity plan:
1. Flexibility – You can choose a hospital or doctor and it’s not mandatory for your doctor to be in-network. You can also change your doctor any time you want.
2. Fixed Out of Pocket Expenses – A portion of your medical bills are paid by the insurance provider. After you pay the scheduled amount, the insurance provider takes charge of your entire medical care.
3. Fixed Deductibles – After your deductibles have been met, almost 80 percent of your healthcare expenses will be paid by your care provider.
4. Hospital Indemnity Benefits – With this supplemental plan, payments are sent directly to you when you file a claim for a covered illness or injury.
5. Out-of-Pocket Cap – The moment you reach a certain amount in a calendar year while paying your medical costs, the rest will be typically taken care of by your plan provider.
Want to know more about the types of health plans that are available?
Call us at 740.535.6440 and we can help you compare affordable health insurance plans from leading carriers.